View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 08:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default surgical removal of lower left 2nd molar,? sore

Almost a month ago I had to have my 2nd molar removed by an oral surgeon due to a root crack. I had a real hard time dealing with this mentally but its done.

The socket is not closed up 100% but probably 95%. I was having trouble with my tounge twitching but that stopped about a week ago.

I have a small white sharp pc of bone or something on one side of the socket but that seems better too.

My ? is this, every once in awhile when biting on the 1st molar in front of the extracted 2nd molar it feels sore. I can eat pretzles etc no problems but something real firm like over cooked hard pasta in lasagana I will get a dull pain not a sharp nerve like pain more like pressure for a second.

Can this be due to me not eating on that side for the last 3 weeks or from the surgery of having the 2nd molar have to be cut out in pcs ??

I am scared to death that now I have another cracked tooth or something and I will loose this tooth.

The 1st molar has a very small cheak side filling but no top crown filling and I dont see any crack.
cvcman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote