View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 10:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I had an IME 2 months ago (wc), that Dr recomended my Dr do this procedure. They called it Radio Frequency Ablation. He said that since I responded to 6 stellate ganglion nerve blocks that it should help me. Btw, the nerve blocks only gave me 10 days of relief.After researching it and talking to my Dr I decided against it. My Dr said he didn't have good results and I could be left with Horner's Syndrome (droopy eye/face) until the nerves grow back, anywhere from 6 mo to 2 yrs. Also, the nerves will grow back and the pain may or may not come back....maybe worse. There is also the possibility the procedure will not help at all.

I have RSD in my left hand/arm so maybe results would be different for lower extremity but I am not willing to chance making this worse and having to deal with the Horners syndrome is just not something I am ready for. I am having a hard time accepting and understanding this as it is. I'm still waiting to wake up from this nightmare. I used to cry all the time, now even when I want to cry there are just no more tears.
stressedout is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote