Thread: Spreading
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 10:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default you can do it..

Hi Deb,
I am full body RSD.. I do almost everything.. I am just be extra carefull, my arms are quite sore alot so I reach carefully.. if I overextend I pay for it with a flare up.

It takes a bit to get past the spread/flare stage but then it's not the end of the world, you learn your limits and be careful, pace yourself and try not to over do anything. Try to do the things you did before but just in smaller bits.. if you can't reach out, do it close to your body but don't stop doing it.. position things diffrently.

Use your limbs carefully as to not cause a flare up but don't baby them, try not to favor or protect your sore limbs too much and VERY IMPORTANT: bear weight on your limbs, for vascular stability. and touch them if they are sensitive.. it hurts but it makes them less oversensitive. I use 2 canes out doors, and my legs I elevate alot but I walk around my home without the canes, however I walk a few blocks outside with canes sometimes daily because I am stuborn

I plan on taking up art soon I have always wanted the time to do this.. and now I am no longer battling for my life in various ways.. well it seems I have some time now and I think I want to try even with my arms effected too.. and well I will let you know how it goes.

hugs n' luck
Sandra
Sandel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (10-20-2009), justdeb (10-25-2009)