Thread: venting!!
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 11:22 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Loretts,
Thanks for being so kind. The therapist appt went well. It was really just preliminary info but she seems like she will be good. She said she can help me with some coping skills. She actually said her husband had a spinal cord injury and she has had 4 RSD patients in the past, so she has some background working with chronic pain[You are so lucky to have one Dr. that has all those specialties.
hopeful
QUOTE=loretta;579991]I'm so sorry for your battle with insurance and second denial. I understand about being too tired to battle. I'm 61 and thinking of applying for disability. My Dr. said he would support me with the application.
I'm glad you are seeing a psychologist. How was the visit? Professional help for myself helped and continues to help. I went thru 2 plus years with a wonderful counselor when my parents died in the 70's & 80's. And 5 years ago, when I was diagnosed full body I found a wonderful psychiatrist, nuerologist, and pharmacologist. He has helped me so much and is also my pain management Dr.
In my case, I did have swelling as my first symptom after benign breast tumor and armpit tumor. When they withdrew fluid 3 times, it was green. Of course they didn't mention that meant infection -no antibioics and sent me off to rehab dr. for frozen shoulder and she oversaw my physical therapy. Surgeon couldn't get rid of me fast enough. Then after remission of a year, spread to other shoulder. Besides full body, I have internally too.
Thank you for your kind words, I have tears rolling down my face. Your kindness touched my heart. I feel your pain. I try to be supportive to everyone struggling as we all do. I'm thankful to have a supportive family. It did take time for that to happen.
If your psychologist isn't right for you, don't hesitate to change. I changed with my first experience. One visit and I knew he wasn't right for me. The second one was a jewel. and my first psychiatrist is a gem . I've been seeing him for 5 years.
Take care and hope you are feeling better soon. Your friend, loretta soft hugs[/QUOTE]
hopeful is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote