View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 01:06 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Wink Had the new cast done today and Boy are my leg, hips, back and arms TIRED!

WOW!!! I barely made it through the standing marathon that IS a casting session. I stood maybe about fifteen minutes, ten for the setup getting things ready and five actually holding my hip still and waiting for the material to set. It was grueling work to stand still and hold my stump and hip still, but the cast came out awesome! Gone are the days of paster casting. It's awesome stuff, looked like regular knit material that was treated with something that got a little warm and was pretty immobile after five minutes!

We talked at length about the set up he's going with, he wants to see me walk and sit with the new socket he's whipping together now. Man I am so excited, I just know this set up is going to work. He's using a locking mechanism instead of a laynard and velcro system to start with, hoping it will be easier for me. It's also going to NOT use the hip joint first, but just the knee and the old pylons we had from the old leg which will as I thought, become my spare leg! He's so cool and has wicked mad skills, I can't wait to see what he fashions up for me for Friday's marathon appt where I will walk for a long stretch as we finese the socket and tweak it so it works well.

AWESOME appt today overall! Just HAD to share my excitement! No photos yet, but hopefully I will once I have the C-leg knee unit, my camera is full and I need to buy batteries for it so I can make get things ready for that upcoming appt, which I have yet to make. We need to see how this setup works for me before committing to the c-leg and getting the hip joint, there's a good chance I may NOT need the Helix hip joint.

"Thanks for this!" says:
Abbie (10-20-2009), bizi (10-20-2009), Dmom3005 (10-20-2009), Mari (10-20-2009)