View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 02:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by allentgamer View Post
Lumbar surgery is in the future for me

Seen a new neuro this week, and he has me scheduled for some MRI's tonight. According to his zap tests I have some serious problems in the L5 S1 area.

It was no secret to me that there was back troubles, and they have been getting worse, but surgery is a scary option. The only thing about this neuro that I dont like is that he doesnt think there is any RSD. He thinks it is all from the back problems.

Sure wish he could have seen me a few years ago when the RSD was changin colors, and swelling like mad. I guess if we do this right it will make some things better.

It boggles my mind how they blow off having the femoral artery blocked off for a solid week as not going to cause any damage that they see today, and choose to ignore the fact that the entire right leg has osteopenia. Plus me complaining of severe pain ever since. I guess they have selective hearing, and thinking ROFL!!

Anyone else had back surgery with RSD? Anything I should be aware of going into this??
Hi Allen,
I'm so sorry you have to have surgery. I know there are precautionary procedures, but don't know what they are. I know I've read on this forum other patients that have had surgery and their surgeon speaking to Dr. S and following those directions. I sincerely hope all goes well. Please let us know how all turns out. Hope all the best for you, loretta soft hugs
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (10-21-2009), fmichael (10-22-2009)