View Single Post
Old 01-10-2007, 05:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello.
I am an MS'r of 5 years. And what a 5 years it's been!
The first year was the worst. The second year I did the Novantrone. Great stuff, but hard on the heart.
I advanced real quick into SPMS. My doctor said to me, boy oh boy, you don't waste time, you just jump right in, huh? No tow-dipping first?
I have a pretty good attitude about it all. It is what it is. God has the plan. And besides, what or whom would I fight? God, I think not. It's all about acceptance I believe.
My trip with MS has not been an easy one. I had vertigo for 5 months along with quad-vision. My left eye crossed in. Man what a sight that was. No pun intended. I have wet myself.....in the mall.....with my girlfriend.....we laugh and I wet more. Note to self--always have a sweater to tie around your waist. I have had the numbing everywhere. The trouble walking. Holding my coffee in the morning. What a site that is. Double fisted to sip my java. One of my friends thought it appropriate to give me a bib. How thoughful she was.
I make fun of myself and this disease all the time.
Never mind the checkbook. Can't do it. Yet another job I get out of. hehe No, really, my husband got tired of fixing all the overdrafts. Did you know you need to subtract the withdrawls and add the deposits. whoops No harm no foul, right?
I haven't always been this way. Only since I was picked to have MS.
I used to think I had it all. That I could do anything. That I was smart, and pretty and well liked. I worked hard at my job as a mom, wife and an employee. I had money, savings, retirement, new car, home, furniture. I was on top of the world, so I thought.
Then one day it all changed. And I changed with it. You know. I like where I am today and who I am.
Odd, no more new car, house needs some fixing, no more retirement or savings. Used it all up waiting on the social security. But you know. I have more now than I ever did.
I have trouble remembering things, and tend to make them up as I go. Just kidding (for the most part). Who ever said ad-libing was bad. It adds more spice and depth to the story. And we all like a good story. Right?
When plans are to be made, everyone seems to do it through my husband. I think it's funny. Yet another thing for me not to have to worry about.
I would love to talk with someone to share the trials and tribulations of this here MS thing that they keep telling me I have.
Talk to you soon,
Sheila
"Thanks for this!" says:
TRESA (11-07-2010)