View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 07:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi All,

I saw my neuro this morning, and it went pretty well. My hand started twitching as soon as he got in the room and he noticed it before I even said anything. He felt my arm as it was moving and was pretty confident it was myoclonus or fasciculations resulting from the head injury.

I really have a lot of faith in my neuro, and even though he was pretty sure, he ordered an EEG right on the spot, and moved me up to the EEG monitoring floor and got me hooked up. I see him again on Friday to go over those results and see if he wants to do the prolonged seizure study.

His dx on this latest incident is that the fall caused enough of a jog in my brain for it to be another concussion. He wants to rule out the seizure first, but is pretty certain that it's the 2nd impact.

I also had the tilt-table test and was told by the rhythm cardiologist that my heart is healthy. I'm thrilled to have things being ruled out and to be going through the steps to lead me back to PCS.

It sounds crazy, but it feels good for me to have a more difinitive dx. I feel like I've developed an even greater trust for my neuro.

I'm still having all my PCS symptoms and they have increased since this fall, but it's better than new scary symptoms being unrelated. Does that make any sense?
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (10-21-2009), Hockey (10-21-2009)