View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 01:54 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Dear Sunshine

I went through a whole raft of severe concussions that ended with me getting hit by a car at age 15. Since my first bad concussion was at 11 months old, along with skull fracture, I never experienced *not* being depressed. There were other reasons for that I won't go into here. My point is that antidepressants were a godsend, starting with Prozac which I started when it first came out. I found that their effectiveness decreased over the years, and tried different ones. Now I take Cymbalta, which works "okay," and somewhat addresses the chronic pain syndromes I have. I have *not* found any particular dietary supplement to be that great, other than making sure I'm loaded up on the B complexes found in the "Stress" tabs, etc. Another good one is Melatonin, because concsussion syndrome really fouls up sleep, with something called Central Apnea. That's when your brain forgets to tell you to breathe at night.
Melatonin helps to regulate sleep rhythm. My son as Asperger's syndrome and swears by it.

hope this helps

gershonb
gershonb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
concussionkate (10-21-2009)