View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 02:23 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi ConcussionKate

They were appalled that you always had a headache... did they try to address this? My internist said that more than 1 migraine a month was too much and put me on some kind of preventive migraine stuff that costs as much per unit of weight as gold. I take so many pills already, and they didn't work.

The one thing that does interrupt the migraines, when they start coming hard and every day, is a trip to the chiropractor. Being hit by the car also messed up my back and neck, and a *good* chiropractor will do wonders. A bad one will try to sell snake oil and tell you that everything on earth is related to what he is being paid to "fix." Also, an MD many years ago prescribed a home traction device that helps with tension and some migraine stuff. When my son was 2 (he's now 30) he saw me using it and called it "the beard holder."

Having someone rub Therapeutic Mineral Ice (the blue stuff that my family called "smurf boogers"--we had a lot to cope with and did it through humor) also helps. Usually there are spasms in the trapezius muscle on either side that respond to this.

I'm looking for someone to discover, like they did in some old movies, that if you get hit in the head *again* the problems and pain will go away....

thanks for caring

gershonb
gershonb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
concussionkate (10-21-2009)