Thread: als
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 11:48 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa2 View Post
Hello. My name is Lisa. I am 40 years old. 2 years ago I was diagnosed with Hypokalemic Periodic Paralysis and my symptoms were under control.
I started 6 months ago with new symptoms, the mda dismissed me. I went from walking to cane to walker to wheelchair in 4 months of that time. My emgs/ncvs showed benign fascillations. Negative for ALS. I am getting worse. I can no longer stand at all anymore, take steps and I am getting weaker. I am having more and more trouble taking care of myself because I am so weak and I can barely push my wheelchair anymore. I all the typical symptoms for als,swallowing problems, end gaze nystagmus(for 2 years now) and all my other tests for ms, myasthenis gravis, autoimmune,cancer,graves,etc. have come up negative. I am having a terrible time with this process. My family has abandoned me because they think Im crazy and I have been so depressed I have tried to take my life 3 times. They have me in intensive psychotherapy. 3 times in my life i have almost died from misdiagnosis. once from a freak pancreatitis attack, once from my thyroid shutting down and also from the missing the initial HOKPP diagnosis and my potassium dipping ( i had a heart attack). I am frustrated I have gone through 2 neuros who didnt understand whats wrong with me and stopped wanting to deal with me. I dont know what to do. I have lost my children and my husband in divorce and custody. I am running out of patience. How long does als diagnosis take?
hi lisa just try to hang in there. it can be tuff but you have to be strong for every one else still have in your life . and i am sorry for your lost .take care and hang in there
cherie mcclain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ewizabeth (10-21-2009)