View Single Post
Old 01-10-2007, 08:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Venessa,
My understanding of how ketamine works(and I may be completely wrong and have outdated information) is that it kind of shuts down the sympathetic nervous system so that in the case of the coma ketamine in europe - when the patient wakes up (the ketamine is stopped) the nervous system reboots. Like turning your computer off and restarting it by shutting it down completely.

I took a compounded ketamine cream, first alone and then mixed with other drugs. It did help my pain better than anything else I tried and I tried a ton of different medications.

I think there has been research that RSD is not caused by the sympathetic nervous system being stuck on.

In regards to research, it seems to me that as soon as they come out with a new theory about what causes this disease, they rename it. Then a while later, more research is done, a new theory created and a new name - chronic regional pain syndrome.

What I liked about ketamine and what made me try it was that it was the latest and best new research at the time and it seemed promising.

I think that prialt(from snails)is probably newer than ketamine. Fmichael posted an artile about the use of that new drug.

That's all I know,
peace,
Lisa
lisashea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote