Thread: PN and ANA
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 01:43 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I have a ANA greater than 1:1280 and have for months. I still test negative on all routine autoimmune diseases, altho I do have a slightly low C4. I am wondering if the ANA is indicative of high nAchR antibodies, especially ganglionic. I believe the test for ganlionic nAchR is available now. This is not the same, to my understanding as the test for peripheral nAchR, which is different.

If you have confirmed PN, your neuronal antibodies need testing.

I am just learning about this too. I posted a few links on the Sjogren's thread on here, on Sjogren's and ganglionopathy.

ANAs are non-specific, but should not be blown off. The indicate inflammation and autoantibodies somewhere. One reading, however, and a fairly low one, would not alarm one greatly. Have it tested periodically. Mine bounced around from negative to off the charts for years, then settled in for the long run at a greater than 1:1280 which is as high as most dilutions are done. They don't dilute past this point, as it isn't any more informative. My ANA could and likely is much higher....however, we still can't identify, which antibody it is.

It is not easy to get answers on many cases and sometimes the body doesn't give up clues for many years. It has been a long haul for me. I wish you the best of luck.
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote