View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 01:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Mari, thanks for reading the blog. You are right; hand woven fabrics are hard to come by and difficult to maintain. Its a pity that more user friendly fashions in hand loom fabric are not available easily.
I live in India, here it is still easy to find and maintain (help and laundry services are more reasonable).
I fell in love with weaves when I started traveling around the country to study the various weaving techniques. That is when I began to design and produce garments. I do a range of easy to maintain pieces in hand woven silks and cottons that can be hand washed, rinsed, shaken out and then put on the hanger to dry. They are easy to travel with and are popular among those who need to look glamarous on their trips without having to bother about laundering and ironing. I came across the idea once when I was travelling. That range is now the backbone of my personal wardrobe and for me does the best commercially.

Hockey, today I hung my wire hair band on a hanger in my wardrobe. I have stopped analising these 'episodes', because every 'normy' thinks they have a better story to tell. Now I go the otherway round, as in - "Really? You did that? Are you sure you shouldn't get a Neuro to check you out - could be the beginning of Dementia you know. I must get you some crossword puzzles or Sudoku to keep your mind ticking" - I then enjoy the ensuing reaction. Try it.

I started to write so I could keep a track on my thoughts. This particular Lupus flare has turned my life on its head. Although I am pretty content with this enforced solitude, I have a constant dialogue going on within myself. So I thought I'd write it all down.

I hope you enjoy reading it when you can.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (10-21-2009), Dmom3005 (10-21-2009), Hockey (10-21-2009), Mari (10-21-2009)