View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 02:05 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Cool Smirk if you were to take new medication

i would let you pdoc advise / propose it, ESPECIALLY because he is also a neuro and might be able to help peel apart what could be from depression and what is not. obviously i cannot comment since i do not know what these mysterious sx are.

as for Seroquel, i took it and didn't care for it.
- link with diabetes (about the same as zyprexa)
- weight gain (not as bad as zyprexa)
- SLEEP DISTURBANCES (like you need those!)

your mdoc is obviously not up on meds for bipolar if she doesn't understand your meds because Verapamil is recognized as a mood stabilizer. she clearly does not know that even though it is in the dang literature. Klonopin is often given for anxiety, to aid sleep, and as a coadjuvant in mood stabilization. the only thing you don't have on board is an AD and we all know those should be taken only if really needed. so now i come back around to the only person who could evaluate this / propose it is your psych.

i didn't think it was a bad idea to talk with your mdoc about this stuff, since you had the appt anyway, but the outcome would indicate to me she lacks the necessary knowledge about the diversity of bipolar presentation as well as meds, and does not seem to be "getting" your sleep thing either.

i really would see your pdoc/neuro. and talk about these neuro sx with him AS WELL as the depression and see what he thinks. he may OR MAY NOT propose other meds, or a change in meds. if he does, you can choose to go with it or you can tell him you don't feel comfortable. and hopefully he will be ok with that. i think you can gain - at least some perspective on your situation - by having a talk with him. he has the right preparation and as you said, will work with you. you might start out letting him know you are not really up for new meds, but are having neuro and psych issues and would like to see what he thinks of your situation, and whether he has suggestions.

i don't mean to poopoo your mdoc... she may be good for other things but if she doesn't 'get' your current treatment... then... hello? Verapamil IS known as a mood stabilizer for bipolar where other meds don't work, duh. i'm not in a great mood here, forgive the tone. feeling cruddy.

((( hugs )))

~ waves ~ from the darkness
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (10-21-2009), Mari (10-21-2009)