View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 03:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart Hi Lizzie!

Hi sweetheart! How are you? I have been dragging TAIL since my pred has been reduced - miss my energy, but it will get better!

I am @ 100 mgs for this week - I go up to 200 next week......still a little leery of this med - guess cuz' my Gram had such a hard time, but that was due to the heart transplant......

I was so glad to see you were on...how are you? Are you OK?

Love,
Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell'sMom View Post
Hi Erin, I'm on CycloSporine. Cellcept worked great for me, but it started to shut down my kidneys. And then they thought maybe the CycloSporine was doing it as well, so I was lowered to 300mg daily. I was on 400mg daily. Two in the morning, and then two at night.
I've not had too many side effects from it. Other than mild nausea.
The brand name of it makes a difference too. Mine is actual CycloSporine, and I don't have any bottles on hand at the moment to read the company info for you.
Some cyclosporines can cause a person to have a certain smell to them when they sweat, I'm so thankful, mine does not do that. But have heard from some, that theirs does do that to them.
If you have any questions at all, please feel free to ask away.
Love Lizzie
P.S. While taking Cyclosporine, of any brand, you CANNOT eat any grapefruits, or juice with grapefruit. It can become very dangerous. It causess the med to concentrate in the blood, which can be life threatening.