View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 05:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile Hi Cherry33778!

Hello and welcome!

I am so sorry to hear you are having problems breathing - I've only had a few problems in that area and it was truly terrifying!

MG is called the "snowflake disease" b/c it effects all of us in different ways...though being on oxygen 24/7 must be a real pain in the butt!

Do you have anyone to help you out? Do you wear a bracelet in case of an emergency?

I hope this post finds you happy and strong!

Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry33778 View Post
Hi everyone! I am a newbie on the site. I have been diagnosed with MG since June 08.

My question is do any of you have respiratory fatigue that requires the 24/7 use of oxygen? I have heard people say that they have gone into a crisis and needed ventilation but never that they need oxygen all the time like me.

I am 26 years old with a laundry list of medical problems but with Myasthenia Gravis it has knocked me right on my butt. I have tried Prednisone and the only thing that it did was make my heart race and make me gain 40lbs. I have also tried Cellcept but it made me dizzy like I was going to pass out. Mestinon works but I have to constantly change my doses since it can differ from months to weeks to days at a time. As you can probably can tell I am either really sensitive to medication or it just doesn't work at all.

I also want to know if anyone has constant chest pains? My doctor has recommended a thymectomy but in a way I am scared since I don't heal correctly, keloids, and I worry about how the scar will look. I have previously had to have corrective surgery because of the scar tissue latching on to other things and causing problems, so I don't want to have to go through that again.

Sorry for the long post. Thank you for reading and/or responding.

Stephanie