View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 05:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I got into a depression about 6-7 months after my accident. I guess it had to do with me not getting any better. I expected to be fine after 6 months.
I couldnt stop researching about PCS to help me understand what was going on. That made me more stressed and exhausted.

My GP sent me away with no help. I later got refered to a neurologist that put me on SSRI as soon as I felt ok with it, after some thinking.

This was a major turningpoint for me. I noticed the different in the way that my thoughts didnt get me back in the regular loops of thinking and processing it all the time. This kind of set me free a little bit and also made me accept my situation better.

What my doctor was REALLY careful with was that I would not get a dosage unnececary high.

I started on 5!!!!! mg of citalopram and raised it to 20 over two weeks time.
Stayed on 20 a longer time (thats what my doctor had calculated for me) and I noticed a big difference. So I didnt raise the dosage any more.

My dad has had a stressrelated depression and has tried serious amounts of SSRIs. First off...not a good idea to switch like that...But anyway he tells me that if I feel that this works, then stay with it and dont try to "get a little better"...

I have seen lists of some people taking MUCH larger doses than me...This is individual ofc but sometimes I think people have a too high of a dose.

My thoughts on the topic.

Emil
rydellen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
concussionkate (10-21-2009), Hockey (10-21-2009), sunshine1alb (10-21-2009)