View Single Post
Old 01-10-2007, 09:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Geraldo,
I am like you - only on Sinemet, currently taking 3x100/25 ordinary sinmet, and same dose 3 x sinemet 1/2 cr. But in 3 doses unlike your 4. I have been on this dose 2 1/2 years and it keeps me stable especially if I can keep it very regular. But I tend to get my timings all messed up at this time of year. My new neuro seems to think this is quite high for this stage, and probably will want to bring in some other drug, agonist maybe when I see him next. It definitely helps to keep everything very even throughout the day, and from what I have read that is a key to keeping dyskinesia at bay, though with this disease nothing is a certainty.

Perhaps it would be better if you only added 1/2 to your most active times of day rather than with each dose. I was warned off taking regular sinemet close to bedtime - it can interfere with sleep patterns. I have gone higher a couple of years ago, for two weeks when I was working quite intensely, but it was very hard when I dropped back down again, which did not manifest immediately but after a few weeks resulted in lethargy and some cognitive issues, which took several months to shake off. It is easy to feel great on sinemet, but levodopa has a major effect on how we function so it is best to be cautious in the way we use it.

I would discuss options with your neuro. Is there a reason why you are on sinemet only? I was working when I started and my first neuro thought it would interfere less cognitively. There are loads of reasons for why our meds are all so different, let us know.......

Best wishes with finding a good balance of meds which works for you.

Lindy

(I am just starting to feel as though I need something to take me through the night and would love some advice on how I could manage my current dosage, but take it over 4 doses rather than 3. But am not sure how to do this as the CR is definitely preventing wearing off symptoms, and I do not wish to take the regular at night time, and there is the little problem of how to divide 3 tablets of each over 4 doses.....)
lindylanka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote