Thread: What next?
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 05:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default What next?

Finally followed up on my chronic nausea after more than 2 years. When I found myself buying a size 3 pants I figured I had better do something or I'd literally disappear!

I don't know for sure, but all the signs point to a condition where my stomach no longer digests properly and food just sits there. Causing several problems including weight loss and nausea. Not sure yet what caused the condition--it's usually related to diabetes, but thank goodness I don't have that. It is caused by damage to the vagus nerve, so I'm wondering if it could be caused by the MS. Probably unusual, but then nothing about me is usual. Even my Gastroenterologist didn't really think I'd come up positive for gastroparesis, since I'm missing a couple of key common symptoms.

Just Monday I found out my thyroid is working slowly and I need to take meds for that for the rest of my life. There is a med for this gastro issue, but from what I've read about it, it's something I can't take since I have a history of severe depression, which leaves me with nothing to do about the problem, except what I have been doing, which is eating small meals and losing weight. This news has really depressed me. FIrst I was bummed thinking I'd add another life-long drug, then bummed to find out I couldn't take it.

I'm still walking upright and six feet above ground.
Catch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote