View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 08:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Can rsd sensations on new limbs not be spread?

After much difficulty I succeeded in contacting my pain managment doctor about my new symptoms, which I've mentioned before on this forum :
Burning sensations and chills (at times pretty strong) in the legs, with some moderate reddishness; burning sensations in the face, throat and chest, originally set off by a mildly peppery meal but continuing for the past week.

I was concerned that my RSD is spreading. I give the info to his nurse, and she calls back and says he doesn't think its RSD spread and I should see a psychiatrist to (she didn't explain why very well I'm afraid and acted very harried and busy).

So....can you have RSD-like burning sensations beyond the original site and it ISN"T actually RSD spreading? Or is this guy just dismissing me as a hypochondriac? This would make him the third doctor this year to make that assertion- apparently I must come across as nuts to doctors. The first two turned out to be wrong (the symptoms were actually early RSD)...I'm really getting tired of this...
WolfLarsen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (10-22-2009), bobber (10-22-2009), loretta (10-23-2009), Sandel (10-24-2009)