View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 08:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks everyone for your encouraging and caring responses! It truly means a lot.

Well, we just got back from the general doctor. Another Cat Scan showed nothing, of course. The doctor seemed very concerned and we have a letter stating that he has serious post concussion syndrome. Additionally, that work is indeterminant until further testing and evaluation. Also, I will be picking up a Rx tomorrow for Phenergan to see if it will help with his constant nauseated state.

We will see where this doctor's letter will get us. I have contacted the Brain Injury Association, but as of yet they have not answered their phone or returned the call to see if I need to set up an appointment. It seems the BIA has some possible financial aid options. Also, I would like to see if they can guide me to any other assistance.

We will be going to the Regional VA office downtown tomorrow and getting the assistance of one of the veterans' organizations such as the VFW to help him file for Service Connection and Non-Service Connection. As this VA has no neurological rehab services, this will be important in determining what, if any, services he will be able to access once the neurologist performs his neuropsychiatric examination/testing.

I am looking at the NM Human Services Department for a couple of immediate help options and will be looking into SSI or SSDI (? not sure which is more appropriate) once we get more definition and directives from the neurologist.

Hopefully, I will have more to share next week after seeing his neurologist. Take care everyone and thanks for being you and sharing YOU!!

Much Love Always,
CeCe
Cece is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
concussionkate (10-21-2009), ewizabeth (10-21-2009), Hockey (10-22-2009)