Thread: Remission in MG
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 08:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart Hi Desertflower!

Hey hon! I think it is a GREAT idea to get some much needed rest and focus on YOU!

There are lots of ways you can contribute! Just being there for others is HUGE! You have such a big heart and have given much needed HOPE to others - that in and of itself is HUGE!

There is NOTHING wrong with having someone take care of YOU right now! You would help out someone else, so what is wrong with someone helping you? I struggle with guilt daily due to this stupid disease, but am learning to deal with it! My big idea of "help" is making gift baskets and talking with others about MG. It isn't much, but it helps!

Big hugs, honey!
Hope you feel better soon!

Love,
Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertFlower View Post
Thank you Ally...thank you for your response

I am going to see my Dr next week for a checkup and I am going to mention disability again to him, not because I can't work, but because between working and the stress from other issues in my life I feel like I am going to overdo it. I feel like everything is going to fall apart because I just can't keep up with it all (even though again, I can work as the doctor said I would be able to. But he doesn't realize that work is not LIFE) I have a huge amount of stress in my life that I can't make go away. The combination of stress, MG and working is just too much!.

Thinking of disability makes me sad, I don't feel good about having other people help me, I want to be able to take care of myself. I keep trying to think of other ways I can contribute.

I feel so bad about myself right now.

But I am trying to make it all better, or at least tolerable... I want to do more than just be alive, I want to LIVE! I think I can have a happy life if I remove one of the three energy-stealers from my life...the stress is not going away, MG is not going away...but maybe work can. Need to think on this subject more.

"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (10-23-2009)