Thread: Rn's and IVIG's
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 09:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Rn's and IVIG's

Hi all,

Ok I'm on my soapbox!

Well I started my IVIG on Monday, that day went great. I felt so much better Monday night, then I went Tuesday, and this is how it went. They started me out at 50 and then went to 100 all within an hour. Then she bumped it up to 150 for the remaining 3 hours. Everything went fine while I was there....but after I got home, things changed quickly. The headache was there with a vengeance and the muscle aches were there too. I drank 150 oz of water too within the 24 hours prior to my ivig.

So today is Wednesday and I had a new RN. I told her I didn't want to go over 100......her comment....well it's going to take a long time....MY THOUGHTS....WHO CARES??????.........I'M THE ONE TO SUFFER NOT YOU! (I didn't say that out loud but I thought it!) Anyway, I refused to let them do it faster and I tolerated it great....So at the very end of my bottle with only about 5 minutes left...she comes in to take my vitals and says..."I'm going to speed this up for this minute to finish out..." SHE SPED IT UP TO 300 ml!!!! When she did that....I could even taste it in my mouth!!! What's up with that....has this ever happened to any of you?

I've got news for those people, heck...I'm the patient and I have rights and you bet tomorrow....I WILL RULE......!

Now I feel better...heehee
JCPA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote