View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 12:51 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Dear Waves, Beth, Bobby, Donna, Abbie,
I know not to take this kind of med advice from an internist. Although she wrote down Seroquel on a her script pad for me to consider when I see either my own pdoc or the one she recommended who is "very good" she said.
I will not take her meds. I know that.
I was sort of venting here. I hope that I did not upset anyone.

Overall I think the doc is better than any mdoc I've seen in many years. She is a little jumpy in her delivery of words /ideas and seems to be brainstorming at the same time she is talking. In other words, she is not a deliberate speaker. She talks fast and skips around and seems to think fast / throw out ideas while she is still finishing up the last idea. I am ok with that.

She is also seems to be aggressive and I am ok with that. She ordered more blood work and wants me back in a month.

[QUOTE=Abasaki;581070]
Mari... you mentioned sleep phobia...I battle every night as I am petrified to fall asleep... this is also true during the day when I am needing a nap. Can you tell me how you feel with your sleep phobia... I thought I was just being "weird".

Dear Abbie,
I am sorry that you go through that.
My mother told me once that she used to worry that I did not sleep enough as an infant. (I was her first born). She used to recheck the baby books and worry because I did not sleep. (My Mom has anxiety issues herself.)

I don't really know what is going on with the sleep except that in 20 years of treatment no pdoc or tdoc (Traditional or Non-Traditional) has found help for me. The pdocs call it a tdoc problem and the tdocs call it a pdoc problem.
I recently started calling it a phobia because that is what it is.

And I know that most people (docs) cannot understand. It is hard to explain.

Abbie, I can sleep a little bit better in the daytime.
I am very much afraid of the dark,
I would prefer to sleep in the daytime.
When I was very ill, I used to wait until dawn to go to bed. I felt better knowing the sun was over the horizon.

I actually cannot write about this at night.
I'd rather write about this during the day.
Essentially, I am very afraid of sleep.

M.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Abbie (10-22-2009), bizi (10-24-2009), Dmom3005 (10-22-2009), waves (10-22-2009)