Thread: How Do You Cope
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2007, 11:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I swear.............

Not that I'm good at it, but I do my best with the few expletives I can get myself to say. It doesn't really help of course, but it does let off steam. Humor is much better, but isn't always as ready at hand as fury.

Buttons, hooks, ties are still possible, but they take a very long time. Socks are a problem on days when I can't reach my feet, and then my kind husband helps.

The very worst problem for me is that it takes me forever to put things into my purse. (Probably not a problem for most men). I can't get my wallet back into my purse, or my glasses, or the toothbrush I'm given at the dentist's, or the pieces of paper they hand me at the doctor's office. I fumble and fumble, and at times I give up and have to ask the hygienist or nurse to stuff it in for me. And thank goodness for 'plastic', it would take me hours to pay with cash.

One helpful trick: when dressing, if you turn anything sleeveless or short sleeved inside out, and put it on from the top instead of from the bottom the garment rolls outward and not in, at it is easier to pull it on.

I have not yet reached the velcro stage.

birte
BEMM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote