View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 08:53 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Had herniated disc also

You need to go see your ortho or neurosurgeon, tell them that it's much worse and have them take imaging to compare. I was originally scheduled for surgery for 3 months after the neurosurgeon evaluated me. They said if things get dramatically worse or you have stumbling or incontinence (mine was in the thoracic) to come right in. Well, I had both of those and went in, they did surgery the next day. There's a reason it's gotten worse. And discontinue your physical therapy. If it turns out to be nothing, you can pick it back up again.
It was very scary when they came in and said surgery or paralyzation. No choice there, except for the obvious one. I was a freak of nature though, T-7 T-8 herniated to the left, and then 3 months later it herniated to the right. That one I went in for the MRI and they said go home, pack a bag, we'll see you at the hospital in 2 hours. It was surgery or paralyzation again, but this time it herniated much worse. Well, good luck, and please go see your doctor. Or get a second opinion if he doesn't take you seriously. I did before I found my surgeon.
Sambouka74 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote