View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 10:29 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch View Post
After doing more research last night, I found sites that mention neurological and autoimmune disorders can cause this, so MS might be the culprit. .
It very well may be. I cannot comment on the symptoms you are having, but I can tell you this much. I was diagnosed in 1999 as having an oeractive thyroid/ graves disease which is an autoimmune disease that effects your thyroid. My thyroid had gone into such overdrive that I lost 70 lbs in one year and my routine visit for bloodwork to test my thyroid resulted in an overnight stay in the hospital hooked up to monitors bc it had made my heart beat so fast and so long that they thought I was on the verge of a heart attack. This was long before the MS diagnosis.

I did radioactive iodine which was supposed to kill my thyroid and make me dependant on meds for the rest of my life. Stopped taking the meds after a year, continued to monitor my levels... 10 yrs later, they are still normal. After the MS discovery last year the doctors are questioning if it was actually an MS attack I was having and not a hyperactive thyroid.

I do know that my case is not "normal". And I apologize for the lengthy response, but yes, I believe MS can and does cause thyroid issues.

I am not spoiled!
legzzalot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote