View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 05:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dance59326 View Post
Hello Everyone!!! I’m brand new here and just joined yesterday (October 15th)
I am a young adult with a weird case and a different type of person. I tend to listen, but not talk at school, but when I’m with others who I know or am not directly in front of people, I can feel more open. I have mental health issues as well as physical issues and need to be able to “talk” to someone who I can be more open with.

I’m very thankful that I found both PsychCentral and then NeuroTalk. It’s like a gift from heaven because I normally feel lost and don’t talk. I’m a great stuffer and bottler, but then eventually explode.

I'm adopted and have no biological knowledge of my past. I just found out what really happened to me. I was told that I was found on the street being 14 days old and transferred into an orphanage. I just discovered though that I was actually found in the Emergency Room and had acute pneumonia and had to be hospitalized for about a week.

I have always questioned who I am, why I’m here, etc because I don’t know my past which has led me to having a lot of problems lately and find it difficult to deal with both many emotional difficulties as well as unknown undiscovered physical difficulties. I have a very rare and unknown case. I have an extremely odd case of insensitivity of pain. I’m extremely pain tolerant, but doctors as well as I wonder why I’m still having such nasty pain. If a “typical” person was in my body without the abnormal high pain tolerance, they would be in so much pain that it’s difficult to imagine. I guess that it’s just another additive of me being one weird case.

I went in for a nasty muscle biopsy which has had its long-term effects which are still occurring after 3 months of the surgery. The test is apparently abnormal. What is known is that my muscles are shrinking (I don't know why) and I have condromalacia patella syndrome (thinning of the knee cartilage). My biopsy has been rather interesting and keeps going to different groups of pathologists.

Currently, I was just shipped off to Pittsburg. The abnormalities are apparently rare and I have seen about 15-20 doctors in the past 4 years. I really want to know what's wrong because it's both aggravating and disturbing to know that something's there, but cannot find a cure to.

I tend to be anti-social in public, but always have my eyes pealed and ears open. I love to talk online and post with people who understand or can validate what's going on with me as far as symptoms go. I don't mix well with my family (mother, sister-also adopted, but not biologically related), but I love my dog and tend to be a loner. It is such a pleasure to find such great self-help sources here on PC and NT. Through using PsychCentral I have been able to improving my coping techniques and using more social skills with peers.

Sorry that I just posted so much (opps!)
Fondly,
~dance59326
Hi Sweetheart. I cant pretend to know what you are going through. but you are not alone. It doesnt matter where you came from. Just where you are going. The rest of your life starts today. Think positive and best of luck to you
smudge is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (10-22-2009), Abbie (10-22-2009), Hockey (10-23-2009)