Thread: What next?
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 05:45 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Okay, brain freeze, can't remember how long ago this was. I used to have chronic kidney stones, and with that the infections. At times the infections could be raging but I would not feel the kidney at all, just some weird stomache thing. I did not relate that they were somehow part of the same issue.

One time, my dd - just a tot - got pretty sick. Took her to the doc and felt awful to find she had a serious fever. I did not know because I had a pretty good temp of my own.

We were both around 103! DD got antibiotics, and I ended up going to the ER. DD stayed with my mom and as I was getting dressed, I realized I could see every rib. I was just too busy to note I'd lost so much weight. Then, I noticed how ashen I was, eyes sunken. I looked like a skeleton.

Huh. All I knew was every time I ate - even a couple crackers - I'd get a nasty piching feeling in the pit of my stomach. I thought it was a drag but would go away. Never figured it was due to the kidneys stones and infections.

I was just over 80 lbs by the time I caught on.

so you never know with weight loss, but DO get this figured out. It is never okay.

*Pud - lol! You should say something... "OOH! Aren't you beefing up nicely!" ~poking at their belly~