Thread: Somer Thompson
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 08:14 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Seeing this story really broke my heart. I mean I have been glued to the news channel and my heart breaks for this family and I grieve along with them. This was a story that hit very close to home for someone like me. Especially now that I am a mother.

And I am stuck in this battle inside of my head of being angry and trying to find the solution...Here is the problem. After seeing this story it reminded me I haven't checked out my own neighbors in a while. Upon pulling up the local sex offender registry of people who live/ work in my area, we have 167 within a 10-15 mile radius.

I started looking at these pictures and the charges, etc. And I made a rather disturbing discovery. The two gentlemen who knocked on my door twice this summer trying to get me to sign on with their company for lawn care... Both convicted of child molestation in 1996, One was then convicted in 2002 for Rape and the other was convicted in 2006 for sodomy and aggrivated sexual assault. and these scumbags are running around my neighborhood where my child and her friends play. And there are no laws to stop them from going door to door in my neighborhood.

This story has more twists. There are 5 people on that list who are registered as being homeless living in a tent (and they give an approx location). Are you kidding me? These creeps are living in the woods around my house, behind my grocery store, this is scary! And then I started looking at each file again, and realized that more than 50% of the convicted sex offenders are unemployed. I get that it is hard to find a job when you have to put child molester on the application... but please tell me that I ma not being denied for disabilty while my taxes go to feed and provide housing for child molesters and rapists!

And yes, I do know there are cases where people are wrongly accused and convicted and no I am not a start a riot kind of person but this really bugs me!!

I am not spoiled!
legzzalot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jappy (10-23-2009)