View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 10:49 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi cvcman,

Anytime a tooth is extracted the teeth on either side of the extracted one become vulnerable due to the lack of teeth to chew on. As I've said before, teeth are designed to line up in a row next to each other as a group, each tooth shares the burden of chewing food. When a tooth is missing in between 2 other teeth, those two remaining teeth are taking the force of chewing without that middle tooth for support. This puts abnormal pressure on these two teeth making them vulnerable to fracture. Whether or not this tooth was disturbed during the extraction may or may not be a factor in why it feels the way it does.

Teeth that have been root canaled are more prone to fracture compared to teeth that are healthy because a root canal procedure cuts the nerves that use to supply the tooth with blood/nutrition. Without blood/nutrition the tooth becomes decrepit just like any other part of the body. A root canaled tooth is also prone to fracture because during the procedure, the walls of the large canals are reemed (scraped) abrasively causing microscopic cracks inside the canals causing the tooth to be an ideal candidate for overgrowth of bacteria. The bacteria causes chronic inflammation.....etc.

Teeth with fillings are also more prone to fracture compared to unrestored teeth because any size filling causes a weakness in the anatomy of the tooth. The larger the filling the weaker the tooth.

Partial dentures can take the place of one or more teeth in an arch. They can be made very minimally without alot of hardware when replacing 2 teeth.

Dental implants require healthy, adequate jawbone or they will fail. Post operative pain from implant surgery depends on many factors and it differs from one person to another.

To answer you question about dentists and assistants missing molars.... MANY of us are missing molars. We all have been patients all of our lives and most of us do not have perfect mouths.

Your ocd has not scared me away. I don't have access to a personal computer during the day while at work. Also, I just think I am repeating myself at this point. But if you have other concerns, please feel free to ask for help!

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvcman View Post
Bryanna, I can tell you I had NO trouble with this tooth before the extraction, so my worry is did the oral surgeon crak it by prying on it ??

I asked her if she had to do that and she said NO she sectioned and the tooth came out n pcs, I figured she would say that anyway LOL

I am sorry to be absessing its just I do NOT want anymore problems, again I eat a pretzle and no prob and if I did that on the one they extracted I would have that nerve pain big time.

If she did crack it by prying wouldnt it be more likely it would crack the crown not just the root ??

Aren't most rooth cracks in endo treated teeth or teeth with big resto's ??

I worry terrible about my teeth as I do NOT want to loose anymore. If I did a partial which I asked him about and he said " thats a lot of hardware in your mouth for 2 teeth "

As far as an implant for the 1st molar on the other side whats you feeling on that as far as complications, pain doing it etc ??

I wonder how many dentists and dental assts are missing molars ??

Thank you
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote