View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 11:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janster View Post
Hi Ripplegirl~
Sorry you're having so many problems! Gosh, I wish I had some answers for you about your shunt. I am not familiar with that at all, sorry. I'm hoping someone more knowledgeable than I am will come along that can help you. Since this is a new board, I'm not sure how many people will be here though.

I also do not know anything about hydrocephalus, sorry. I do know about headaches, as I'm a migraine sufferer for over 40 years. I also am on Topamax 100mg 4 x's/day and Elavil/Amitriptyline 50mg/day, like you are. I was on Neurontin over a year ago, but was switched to Cymbalta, then Lamictal, and now it's the Topamax.

I am on these meds for different reasons than you are, but the Topamax has decreased my migraines.

Have you talked to your Neurologist about the pain? Maybe it's time to "play" with your meds--do the old trial and error thing? I'm sure you know how we have to try so many until we hopefully hit something that will work.

As far as your concerns about the shunt, maybe you would feel more comfortable if you got a second opinion? It might ease your mind if you did. You could also discuss pain management with him/her too.

I hope you get some answers to your questions, and things turn out great for you! Good luck and please keep us informed of your progress!
Hugs,
Jan
I have a VP shunt , different than what you have, but it has helped the pain, it's bearable now, but I still have some issues with climate change, body position etc.
brainiac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote