View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 07:24 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I'm new and I am freaking out

This all just started for me about 3 months ago. I thought I needed dental work,then I thought I had sinus problems. I was told I had TN or TMJ. After seeing a different doctor I am told and agree that I have Atypical TN. All my symptoms point to this.
I guess my first question is how do you deal with the fear and hopelessness that comes with TN? I am scared. I can't imagine going through life with this constant pain.
I have yet to see a neurologist. I have seen the dentist and my primary and an ear,nose throat Dr. What should I ask the Neurologist? I am not in the city so the Dr's are less familiar with TN. Any tips on how to talk to this Doctor would be helpful. I really have to advocate for myself or I don't get anywhere with these Docs'. I was told by my GP that she thought it was TN when I saw her this summer. She never said a word until 2 weeks ago! After many phone calls and armed with some info I am getting help.
One more thing, has anyone tried acupuncture? If so what were your results?
I know this is long but I have so much on my mind.
PS...I just had a huge stress in my life any chance that when I heal emotionally this could go away?

Thank you so much,I feel for everyone with this horrible thing!
A.
AM222 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (10-23-2009), Hockey (10-23-2009)