View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 07:54 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

You had a stroke? How did I miss that? Was it during my vacation?

All the facts for Vit D are not in yet. I don't know if stroke was one of the factors proven yet. But if you are low, it can lead to depression, and mood issues.

For stroke, the blood clot type, you will want to get a C-reactive protein serum level drawn, and a B12. Elevated homocysteine can lead to strokes. B12, B6 and folate are used to reduce homocysteine levels. Inflammation can be caused by C-reactive protein, and homocysteine. This damages the vascular lining, and
then cholesterol is used as a bandaid to cover the damage.

However, clotting disorders, can also cause strokes. People can have platelet disorders which can lead to clots.

Another factor is Atrial fibrillation. This heart arrhythmia may cause a clot to form in the heart, which then bits break off and travel around the body.

A friend of mine (47 yrs old) had a huge stroke from lifting heavy furniture during a move --she ripped a part of the interior of her carotid artery which then caused a clot to form and it moved into her brain. With time this healed up.
She has severe Rheumatoid arthritis and uses Humira, and has alot of inflammation, and that may have been a factor too.

One supplement --curcumin-- has been shown to reduce endothelial inflammation considerably. This spice is not absorbed well, so using it successfully means finding one that is proven to have good absorption. I use Curcugel-500 for that reason.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote