View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 09:48 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Yes, Finz, we were ALL stunned when I was denied the first time. But, as I said, EVERYONE told me that this was pretty "normal". *sigh*

As for suing the "schumck" (LOL) -- in my state, you get to know EVERYONE from Soc Sec who works on your case EXCEPT for the doctor -- his/her identity seems to be clouded in secrecy.

Before hiring an attorney, I was advised to contact all of my representatives in the State legislature AND US Congress. They had forms to fill out online (apparently this IS part of the "normal" process). After you give permission for your Representatives and Senators to look into your case, Social Security is required to give them a weekly (I think) update on the status of your case.

I ALSO took myself to a speech therapist (on my own $$$) for an evaluation after my first denial. Her multi-page report might be what made a difference. If you haven't already, you MIGHT want to have an evaluation done by a Physical Therapist -- telling them upfront that this needs to be "in writing" for a disability determination.

Hang in there -- waiting for approval was one of the most stressful times of my life -- I don't know about your other conditions, but I know that all of this stress isn't doing your Fibro any favors.
jana is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote