View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 11:16 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I agree, Yoga and Tai Chi are great! You're not adding a lot of muscle, but toning, losing weight slowly, improving balance and overall well being. You will be surprised at how much you will feel those first few stretches. And by how good they will feel.

I like Tai Chi, but to a dolt like me its more complex than yoga. I have a DVD, but my DVD player quit and the books are too hard to follow. Hope to get some new DVDs and player for Christmas and try to tone up.

The best advice? You need to try different things, maybe a combination of things, and take a good look at your diet. If you eat a lot of fast food that would be the first thing I'd cut out of my diet. Second thing is soft drinks. Never consider "falling off your diet" as "failure." Does the toddler just learning to walk fall down and think, "well, that didn't go so well. Guess I'll just crawl." No, he makes subtle changes and tries again.

Its our own concept of failing that makes a diet fail or succeed. Find what works for you, a life long dietary change you can live with, and exercise you enjoy!

Good luck

I'm still walking upright and six feet above ground.
Catch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Chazen18 (10-27-2009)