Thread: Advice please
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 04:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Soccer14,

Your school should have a disabilities coordinator. They help set up IEP's. Individualized Education Programs. Sometimes it is like puling teeth to get this going. It may require than you be tested by a education psychologist.

Ask about it. You could also see if you school has a work from home program. It is sort of public home school. A tutor could also be available, though most likely, you just need a slower pace of learning, etc.

Are there any virtual academies in your area? These are on-line schools where you may meet once a month or maybe every two weeks. You have online lessons and chat sessions with teachers and study groups.

If we knew your location, we could do some research for you. Each state and county has different programs. Just a city or county and state would be good. Never give out anything more online.
yea thanks but we did actually finally get something going i have a tutor that comes over a few times a week now and brings me work from 3 classes right now. once i get more caught up in those 3 we will start adding on more and she said once i get caught up more i could start doing maybe one or 2 classes a day. yay

we also got something started with a thing called the tbi team that does a lot of testing which i finished today and then they help the teachers make a modified plan so i can keep up with the class. it will be nice to go back to school.

im also doing an on line math class because i would be too far behind to try to go back so i can go at my own pace and if i get caught up this semester i can rejoin the class next semester which i really want to do. So yes we are finally getting some stuff going and its been good thanks for the suggestions
soccer14 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (10-24-2009)