View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 07:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Been having a rough week

Hi guys...
I'm new here and I have been having the worst couple of weeks painwise since I can remember... I guess people have been sewing the company that makes the Duragic Patch so they switched the way the patch delivers the medicine into your body. I haven't been able to find another substitue for that medicine.

When I first got injured the doc put me on Vicodin and Tylenol which put in renal faliure then a coma. I really can't take too many pills otherwise I will throw up, my liver can't handle it.

I broke my back in two places, now that I don't have the proper pain medication I get so tired. It makes it difficult for me to work. What I don't understand is that if the patch was leaking wouldn't someone know? I had a patch that leaked and I knew right away b/c I could feel it on my skin and on my clothing. It just doesn't make sense to me.

I guess that is how other people feel when someone like me takes too much Tyleonl... they probably think that I would know, but I didn't know I was taking too much. I was only taking the perscribed amount of Tylenol and Vicodin and I almost died to the point where the doctors where telling my family to "pull the plug". I was left with some brain injury which still frusterates me.

I guess I am just grumpy from all of the pain I've been feeling and I am going to a dark place. I'm mad b/c I can't take other meds. Once I had a fever of 105 and had to be in the hospital for over a week until it broke.

When I come home from work I feel like crying b/c I am in so much pain... when I wake up I can't really move around like I did 2 months ago with the other patch and feel like crying b/c I'm in pain. Yes I have a pain doc, I've been trying to see if these other generic patches will work, but they are not... does anyone have any advice?

Thanks for listening...
shayp is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (10-24-2009)