View Single Post
Old 10-24-2009, 12:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Last night in the wee hours I'm sitting on the edge of the tub with my feet in ice cold water so I can again lay down and try to get some rest. With my head in my hands I'm wondering how I'm going to remedy the pain in my mouth once I've resolved the feet "afire" to try again to fall asleep! For some reason my mouth will quit burning for a short while if I brush my teeth, so I brush my teeth alot! Then add to that a very dry mouth from flexeril..I decided to take a swig of Listerine, which I hate to do because of the burning feeling it causes....but I did it anyway and low and behold pain relief..I managed four hours of sleep last night because of that. The short burn of Listerine was so worth it for the relief it gave me so I could get some sleep. I don't know if it will work the next time my mouth/feet keep me awake, but I sure am going to try it. Heck, who knows maybe you'll catch me soaking my burning feet in Listerine in the wee hours of the morning.
Aren't we a lucky lot? I wouldn't wish this 24/7 existance on my worst enemy, but it still beats the alternative!
jannaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hopeful (12-30-2013)