View Single Post
Old 10-24-2009, 12:50 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennelle View Post
Mine spread from my left arm to both arms and legs...the docs tried to say over and over that it wasn't a spread and finally they believed me. I hope yours hasn't spread but keep advocating for yourself and don't let them make you think you are crazy. What is happening is real to you and that is what matters!
Jennelle

Hiya Jennelle,
Great to see you back!

It's true what you say about doctors.
If they do choose to treat you, and don't know (anything) about RSD, then, they're very afraid, and almost defensive. So, caution is their approach, and they take SO LONG to get past the conservative treatments, when actually, many of us need much more Aggressive treatments, meds, etc., EARLY ON!
These doctors are in a bad cycle, we need treatment ASAP, and they lolligag around, with us, because they're afraid! Meantime, this can get worse, and become permanent!
This is the cycle I went through, and now 26 years later... I Know I was used, by some unskilled doctors! My first Ortho, (I got this on tape, too), accused me of malingering! I said, sorry Doc, your hot pack's ain't helping me! So, he sent me to a psych, and I started the 7 year search for a dx.

We are at risk of being their "test dumby" if they've not kowledgable of rsd. They're interested and want to see what's all the fuss about..
That does NOT make them a good RSD doctor!
So, be careful of this kind of "mistreatment".
Ask them the Hard Questions!

pete
asb
AintSoBad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Sandel (10-24-2009)