View Single Post
Old 01-11-2007, 08:30 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default Somerthing's working....

......or, "Return of ze White Rat"

My New Year's vows included one to get a bit more scientific about my self experimentation. As a result I have adopted some simple tests of how I'm doing that will help me chart progress or reversal. I hope to report monthly here for whatever value there may be.

Starting with a two week "drying out period" of no supplements of any kind, I had the following baseline values:
12/19/06
Ability to balance on one leg: Right- 5 seconds; Left- 18 seconds
Number of steps to cover 100': 38

I then reintroduced the following "core" of Alpha Lipoic Acid; Acetyl-L-Carnitine; Carnosine; Ginger Extract; Green Tea Extract; Multi; and Fish Oil

12/23/06
Leg balance was up to: Right 14 sec and Left 57 sec

From my journal:
12/31/06: Doing much better. Freezing rare and pretty much confined to bedtime. Bowels doing better but still having gastro problems at times, mainly bloating. Sleeping very well, 7 to 9 hrs. Polyuria mostly gone.
Much better bladder control.

About Jan. 3 I began a sneak attack on my old friend H pylori using a combination of rhubarb extract and green tea extract along with close attention to ridding myself of toxins via my GI system and it seems to be paying off very well. Unlike the accidental experiment with turmeric of a couple months back, this time I prepared properly and seem to have gotten away with it. Definite improvements in function and it is time to consider reducing my meds a little since the "twitches" have started to be noticeable.

Finally, and what prompted the start of this admittedly repetitious log, yesterday I repeated the 100' stride test and was down to 35 steps from 38!

Over the last six weeks I have seen great improvement and hope to extend it over the coming months. I will resurect this thread from time to time to report for the benefit or to warn fellow Rats. May it be a good year for us all.
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote