View Single Post
Old 10-24-2009, 04:14 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default yep..

Hi there
From what I have read 200mg is pretty high a dose, try taking it with a little food it may help your nausia and headaches, if that dosn't help you may have to ask doc to decrease it a little. Mostly I have heard of 100 to 150 perscribed.

Savella is a selective serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor (SNRI), similar to some drugs used for the treatment of depression and other psychiatric disorders. In this instance it is used for nerve pain and infact has been recently designated for the management of fibromyalgia.

The FDA has a black box suicide warning out for this drug and with Lyrica as well so please watch your mood swings they can change very fast for the worst, be aware that suicidal thoughts can be caused by these drugs (it should help to be aware of what is happening I would think).

I would advise you tell someone close to you as well, and don't assume that because you have been on lyrica for so long you are imune to any effect it can have, the percentage of people may be small but it happens to people who have been on the drugs for awhile... [I know this personaly]

Now I supose you must be on 100mg twice a day?
If the nastyness continues ask your doctor to decrease to what? 75 mg twice a day? and hopefully this won't alter your pain levels too much..
Then if it's ok over awhile increase the nite dose and see what happens.. if thats what you and yr doc want.

Thats all I got for now AJ good luck, I look forward to more chats.
Sandra
Sandel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote