View Single Post
Old 10-24-2009, 07:15 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobber View Post
CZ
I have nerve entrapment in the back of my heel,,Which is where the rsd [may ] have started. Ive heard that there are dr's who are willing to do the surgery to free the nerve but theres alot of dr's who will not ,due to the fact as mike stated,it can create more scar tissue,,Ive heard that alot of dr's who do the surgery will put your foot in a boot for weeks at a time so that the surgery can heal and no scar tissue forms[Scar tissue after surgery ussally occurs because of going back to activitys too soon in which the body forms the tissue to protect the area ,but in alot of cases ,hinders} similar to letting a open wound heal from the inside out instead of stiching it up. But the problem with wearing the boot,with a rsd patient , is the inactivity can make the rsd worse therefore we have a catch 22.........My hope is in God
Quote:
Ive heard that there are dr's who are willing to do the surgery to free the nerve
[/QUOTE]

The doctor I am talking with does not use surgery, especially since I do not have nerve entrapment or didnt, she uses injections of provicaine around the orginal injury site, actually directly into the scar. the belief is if these nerves are rewired the rest of the bodys nervous system will follow. It sounds so simple, the only thing holding me back is , well two things, the pain of the procedure, and the pain that could follow the procedure. I belivie there is a chance it could make things much worse for me if thats possible. this doctor is so confident and keeps asking" if youd do the coma , Why wouldn't's you try something as simple as this?" It just that question she keeps posing that makes me hesitate. If she doesnt understand what can happen if this damages the nerves further and really fires them up again precoma statue- it worries me. thank you for adding to this, Im just very nervous. it seems like out of all of us someone else would have heard of this or tried it.Thank you again and God bless, cz

Last edited by CZZ74; 10-24-2009 at 07:21 AM. Reason: spelling
CZZ74 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote