Thread: Flu thoughts
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2009, 09:02 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

since cooler weather is here, you can always wear your gloves, or simply be honest and say "I am sorry, but until flu season passes, I have stopped shaking hands." then put your hands into a prayer position in front of your chest and bow your head a tiny bit. somehow folks see that as conveying respect.

I just got back from an Italian funeral. WOO! hugging, kissing, face kissing, hand shaking, and I smell like 40 different kinds of thick perfume! My lips and rim of my nose are raw from blowing, and crying and kissing so many faces. Good thing I already had the flu. If not I would surely have gotten something from kissing hundreds of faces. There were over 300 signatures in the guest book, and most said MR. and MRS so doubles!

Make sure YOU practice good hand washing. Sing happy birthday to you TWICE while washing your hands to know you have washed long enough. DONT TOUCH YOUR FACE! that is how the germs get in. Use your sleeve, or glove to open doors, or push it with your elbow or backside. skip the sink in the ladies room, and use wipes, or gel you have in your own bag. Speaking of bags, NEVER EVER EVER set your bag on the floor of the Ladies Room! That place is bacteria soup, and then we come home and plop it on our tables, and kitchen counters. YICK! I have a small travel lysol spray in my bag. End of the day, I give the bag a squirt. its easy to use for phones, or shopping carts, or toilets.

Its not fair that the CDC hyped up so many about flu shots, and then dont have enough to go around, this is creating some panic.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (10-24-2009), Hockey (10-24-2009), Jappy (10-25-2009), kicker (10-27-2009), SallyC (10-24-2009)