Thread: Remission in MG
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2009, 09:11 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Actually, my last readings from my chem panel showed my carbon dioxide at the bottom of the test range. I know, that can be bad too!

I'm only on Mestinon because I can't do the other drugs. So I have to manage my MG with rest. I'm not completely homebound but, yes, it is my "sanctuary." Don't worry, writing is my escape. If it weren't for my creative background, I probably would go bonkers.

Alice, I don't think what you are saying is BS. That's silly. I was only saying how it is for me. Oxygen won't help me, it'll make me worse. And I'm worn out by doctoring. My pulmy is awesome and I just saw her a month or so ago. My tests were fine. But like I said before, MG can be "fine" just sitting there in an office and when you take it out for a spin, it likes to turn on you.

Thanks, Ally. It would be great to sit down with you and lots of people here and giggle ourselves silly. WITH oxygen. Thanks.

Oh, they can test for CO2 with a blood test (not as accurate) or an arterial blood gas (instead of venous blood). A buildup of CO2 will feel like hyperventilation, and also feel like you can't get air. You can get dizzy, be unable to walk, etc. Or you could loosen your bra. Oy. That's why I said you need more testing. You can't tell by those breathing tests you had or by "looking" at someone; like Alice said. My pulmy is thorough. You need one like that. Do not let them test your arterial blood gas while on oxygen. It's sort of like having your glucose tested after eating a hot fudge sundae. Skews the results. They did that to me during my crisis. Idiots. It can make you look like you're having hyperventilation (NOT anxiety, the technical breathing version of hyperventilation) when you really have CO2 buildup.

It's Halloween this next week and I doubt I'll be able to do the regular carving. Oh well. Life hasn't exactly been nice but I have to make the best of it, like everyone else. I wouldn't like the alternative. My farming Norwegian ancestors spawned a tough broad even if I do feel like lutefisk lately.

Annie

Last edited by AnnieB3; 10-24-2009 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Haven't had breakfast yet.
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Joanmarie63 (10-24-2009), Pat 110 (10-24-2009)