Old 01-11-2007, 08:59 AM
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

thank you so much to all of you!

it was so comforting this morning to read through your messages of love and support for Shadow and us

The steroids seem to have done their job in reducing the inflammation on his brain as he is now walking normally (yesterday he was totally off balance) and his fever has broken.

He still has no sight tho
but I am quite amazed at how he has adapted to this, and how he is finding his way around the house, locating food and litter box etc etc

Twilight is being so adorable to his lil brother although he keeps trying to engage him on their old games of tag and wrestle and catch the furry mousy toy.........he has clearly relaised something is wrong and so now spends a lot of time grooming Shadow and snuggling with him

I am thankful that my son got some good, exhausted sleep last night and that he and Shadow are currently curled up on the sofa together. Also thankful for the fact that he is now on Virtual Highschool and so school hours are much more flexible!!

We dont know yet if the damage caused by the inflammation will reverse and if Shadow will get his vision back....but we do know that we are just so thankful to have him alive and not in any apparant distress, other than that he is clearly a bit confused at his new dark world.........but I have been told that cats are amazing in the way they can cope with blindness and we are so impressed by how our lil guy is already doing so

I was telling a freind yesterday that God has always worked in marvelously mysterious ways thru suffering in my family, and I just know that he is doing so again. I know that once more He WILL work ALL THINGS together for good for us, and that we just have to trust Him even in this.

My deepest thanks again to all of you who are praying for him and supporting me here. It means so much

Cheri

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Chemar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote