View Single Post
Old 10-24-2009, 01:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

in the northeast, the average wholesale price of mestinon 60mg brand name, is 156.00 per 100, the typical pharmacy gets anywhere between 16-20 %off that price.
the cost for 100 of the generic is approx 22.00
(this is at retail pharmacy level, the chains do a bit better on purchasing)

Most insurance companies discourage the purchase of brand name since its 8 times as much. and they will have a very small copay compared to brand name.
I have what I consider good coverage , but the insurance company charges the patient the difference of non preferred brand name drugs.
Ive only been using 1 tablet a day for months now, so my cost is very low.
Im still working on my 2nd bottle of 100.

the cost of the brand name mestinon syrup is 113.00 per pint, (16ozs)there is not generic syrup that I know of.

since all insurance companies pay pharmacies well below the average wholesale price, as well as govt funded plans, if you pay cash for these drugs, it pays to speak with a pharmacy where prices arent set in stone, as a big chain store.
small retailers are hurting, and for cash customers of large purchases, most are willing to slice off alot of profit to keep a customer, so although I understand how difficult it is for some to move around, it pays to really shop around if you have enough stores nearby.

Last edited by allen L; 10-24-2009 at 02:42 PM.
allen L is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
suev (10-24-2009)