View Single Post
Old 10-24-2009, 07:35 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Is the magnet a neodymium one? Mine are ...they are very strong! There are safety tips on that link I put up here, about,
not using if you have an implanted devices, etc.

The south pole is typically put against the body. If your mag is 10,000 or more gauss, you don't have to leave it on for long.
I do spot treatments while reading in bed. My very elderly cat also asks for a short treatment for her neck and back. She rolls over and falls into a deep sleep..she limps and has arthritis.

I put surgical tape on the side that goes against the skin. Some people get "magnet burns" or react to the metal alloy with rashes.

The south pole typically calms pain, the North will stimulate pain.
If you make a mistake, you'll feel it within 5 minutes. (I do).
You should see improvements in comfort within a week, and perhaps a month for major improvements.

I'd do the magnet first, because it is so inexpensive, before springing for a IFc unit. I got mine from Healiohealth.com
http://www.healiohealth.com/tek9.asp...cific=jnnrmmm8

I'll have to search the placement file I saved... that will take some time.

I had a nerve damaged from surgery in my right thigh. It is called Meralgia Paresthetica. I had it for years and it was very painful. 2 weeks of daily Lidoderm patches placed in the correct spot, totally turned that nerve off. Now I only have echos of that problem if I overextend the leg. It was amazing how it changed the pain. That is why I say to some here that you might be able to "turn off" a nerve that is just firing by habit.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote