View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 01:43 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Bms

Quote:
Originally Posted by alandale815 View Post
Have you had any responses? I am suffering from BMS myself and have had it for 3-4 years now and it has gotten worse. I tried Gabapentin this afternoon and a couple of hours later it affected my vision so I was told not to take it any longer. BMS has affected my lips and makes me miserable. If you have any responses please let me know. Thank you, Dale. [/I]

Hello Dale, This is my 1st time here. I can empathize with you and anyone who has BMS. I have been suffering with BMS for 2 full yrs next mth! Within that time mine has gotten worse too! Since Dec 2007 my whole life has changed! I don't know what started the BMS?! At first my doctor didn't even know about it. I have been taking a 150mg Lyrica cap once/dy for some time. It is not enough but I don't like the effects that these drugs have on me! Plus they are very, very expensive. I am unable to work, I have few friends, and no family anywhere near me. I am all alone! The burning pain over my tongue is unbearable and it rarely stops! My gums are also affected and my lips burn too...red raw! This is a hell all of it's own. I wish I could be more positive for you. But you see, I am seeking answers too. I am so sorry that you've had it for 3-4 years. Help! Oh and I do know that Gabapentin is a bit cheaper than Lyrica and these 2 drugs are cousins. I chew 'Gum' 24/7 as it does something to help the burning. I also drink luke warm Peppermint Tea. For some reason I find it soothing. I'll be in touch when I can. Thank-you, Angel
Angelonely is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
yupings (04-16-2014)